Agave 101A detailed guide to event planning with Agave Estates
After Reserving Your Date at Agave Estates…
Keep a record of your paperwork
Once your agreements have been processed with our main office, you will receive fully executed digital copies via email. Keep these handy throughout your planning to remember what’s included in your package.
Plan your visits to the venue in advance
You are welcome to come back and see us as often as you’d like throughout your planning. Just give us a call to schedule a time. We are typically available Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Check in with your in-package vendors
In the box below, you will find contact information for our in-package vendors, along with notes on when to expect contact from each one. You are welcome to begin the conversation first by reaching out to one of your vendors directly. Just be sure to remind them you have already booked them through Agave!
Not going with Agave’s In-House Vendors? Start shopping around for…
If not using Agave’s in-house DJ Service, you will need music for the party. You are welcome to use any DJ, band, musician, or performer that you would like. If you are hiring a musician that has not performed at Agave, we recommend that you schedule a site visit with your Agave Coordinator and the musician to ensure day-of arrival and setup go smoothly. Please note, outside musicians must use their own sound equipment.
Cake or Dessert
You are welcome to use any bakery with liability insurance for your cake or dessert. We strongly recommend that you request a copy of the bakery’s Liability Insurance before paying your deposit, as you will be required to submit it to your Agave Representative or Coordinator prior to the day of delivery.
Officiant (if applicable)
You are welcome to use any licensed or ordained officiant to perform your ceremony. Some couples choose to use a close friend of family member who has already become licensed or ordained, while other couples choose to forego a legal ceremony on our property and use a non-licensed friend or family member.
You are welcome to use an offsite florist or DIY your own floral if you and/or your florist can comply with our Outside Floral Guidelines. We require that offsite florists sign and return our Outside Floral Agreement prior to delivery & setup. To receive a copy of the Outside Floral Agreement, contact your Agave Representative or Coordinator.
Photography & Videography
You are welcome to use any photo & video team that you’d like. We do not require anything in terms of paperwork or certification from outside photographers. While videography is always optional, our couples love the highlight reels and documentary style edited videos done by Tomas Ramos’s team.
General Guidelines for Outside Vendors
- Outside vendors may arrive up to 2 hours prior to your event to begin setup. Additional setup time may be purchased at $150/hour. DIY setup may begin as early as your suite opening time, but the venue will be accessible to the public up until 2 hours prior to your event.
- While on property at Agave, vendors must abide by all venue policies. As the person hiring and bringing in these vendors, you are responsible for their actions, so make sure you hire reputable and professional vendors.
- Give yourself a few months to research, meet with, and book these vendors. Just remember, vendor calendars fill up just like venue calendars do, so if you have your heart set on one pro now, book them! You can always come back to one (or all) of our in-house pros as well.
Guidelines for Outside Food & Beverage Vendors
- Any outside Food & Beverage not provided by Agave’s in-package vendors must be approved in writing by a member of Agave’s management team and requires that the client signs off on the Outside Catering Addendum.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance with “Agave Estates” listed as a Certificate Holder is required from either the Client or the Vendor providing the Food & Beverage service.
- Agave’s team can work alongside outside caterers, and we will collaborate with your caterer’s point person to ensure a smooth experience. Keep in mind that we are set up for a standard buffet or plated dinner and may need to rely on the expertise of your provider, along with additional staff and equipment.
9+ Months Before Your Event
Build a Guest List: Most likely, you have already started to get an idea of how many people you’d like to have at your...
6 to 8 Months Before Your Event
DJ/ Band/ Ceremony Musicians should be booked now: Start a list of “Play & Do Not Play” songs for your DJ – keep...
4 to 6 Months Before Your Event
Book Hair & Makeup vendors (if you are going with a pro): Consider the amount of time you’ll need to get everyone...
2 to 4 Months Before Your Event
Bakery should be booked now: Remember to submit the bakery’s Certification of Liability Insurance to your Agave...
1 to 2 Months Before Your Event
Meet your Agave Coordinator at your Initial Consult: Your coordinator will reach out to you by phone and email at...
2 to 3 Weeks Before Your Event
Final Consult with your Agave Coordinator: In between your Initial and Final Consults, your coordinator will be...
The Week of Your Event
Vendor Check-In: Your Agave Coordinator will call each of your vendors a few days before the event to confirm their...
The Big Day is Here!
You’ve prepped and planned, dreamed, cried… you’ve worked hard to bring your vision to life. Now it’s time to...